In this lesson you will learn:
How to troubleshoot your Facebook and Instagram connection errors
Next steps on if the error still persists
For creators who are experiencing issues with connecting their Facebook and Instagram account(s) on #paid, please review the steps below to help with troubleshooting.
If the issue still persists after following the troubleshooting recommendations, please start a chat with our support team in the bottom left-hand corner.
1. Connecting with Facebook Overview
If you're not sure how or where to connect with Facebook in #paid, watch the video below for a quick overview. Step by step instructions are also available in this article
2. I've already connected with Facebook but it still says that I can't opt-in!
Within your opt-in request you might see a required prompt that says you need to connect with Instagram and Facebook before opting in:
To confirm this, please visit your account settings (top-right) > Social Accounts and Rates > scroll down to the Instagram & Facebook section.
You'll know that you're connected if you see information about your saved Facebook Page and Instagram account. However, if you're seeing "Connect with Facebook & Instagram" you'll need to click the button to reconnect with Facebook.
Important: After you click "Continue with Facebook" and log in, you'll be asked to select your Facebook Page and Instagram account. Click the "Save Instagram and Facebook" button to save (see video tutorial).
3. I'm being told I need a "Professional" Instagram account connected to a published Facebook Page
- A "Professional" Instagram account (called "Creator" or "Business"). Learn how to do that here.
- A published Facebook Page (not a Facebook profile). Learn how to create a Facebook page here.
- Your Professional Instagram account connected to your Facebook Page. Learn how to do that here.
If you are seeing this message, it's because one of the above steps is missing from your accounts. Please double check the set up on Facebook and Instagram, and then refresh the settings page on #paid. If set up correctly, refreshing will allow you to select your Facebook Page and Instagram account, and save your connection!
4. Nothing happens when I click "Connect with Facebook & Instagram"
Please make sure ad blocker extensions are disabled from your web browser (Google Chrome, Safari, etc.) if nothing appears after clicking “Continue with Facebook.” These extensions may sometimes interfere with Facebook's popup window.
If the issue persists without any ad blockers enabled, please contact email@example.com for additional troubleshooting.
If you're still experiencing issues with connecting, please start a chat with our support team in the bottom left-hand corner.
Please sign in to leave a comment.